Policies and Shipping
We stand behind everything we sell. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return the unused item within 10 days with receipt and original packaging and we'll replace it or give you a refund. For bikes, we take great efforts to understand your riding goals, style, and fit you with the proper bike. However, if you still aren't satisfied, we offer a 30 day satisfaction guarantee for bikes. We will give you a merchandise credit within 30 days of the purchase date. Merchandise credit is in the form of a Johnny Velo Bikes gift card. Returned bike must be in like new condition. Special order bikes require a 100% payment before ordering. If at any time before the bike has been shipped from the manufacturer you wish to cancel you will be able to return the bike minus a 20% restocking fee. Please read "Returns" below for more information.
Shipping options are available for most apparel and accessory items. Orders typically ship within one business day of being placed. Occasionally, we are able to ship a bike depending on circumstances and approval from out manufacturers and in market dealers. Shipment prices and insurance are billed at cost to the customer.
Due to our dealer agreements, some bikes may not be eligible for shipping.
|Order Amount||Standard Shipping||In-Store Pickup|
|$50 or more||Free||Free|
Please note that some items may be subject to additional shipping and handling charges because of size or weight. This could include bikes, car racks, bike stands, stand up paddle boards, trainers, and locks.
Sorry, but we do not ship outside of the Continental U.S.
In-store pickup is free for all items, including bikes and oversized products. Most orders will be ready within one business day. Please keep in mind that some items may require additional processing time to transfer from off-site locations. Other items may require additional processing time for assembly. We will call or email you once your order is ready for pickup.
If you need an item right away, please call us to confirm that the product is available before heading over to our store. Unless special arrangements are made in advance, orders need to be picked up within 30 days or a 10% restocking fee will be charged.
We protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts all of the information you provide to us and prevents outside parties from being able to "see" your transaction information. When your account information is displayed on your screen, we only display the last five digits of your credit card numbers. You also have the choice of whether or not to save credit card information with us in your Online Account.
We sometimes use other companies (third-party service providers) to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders and delivering packages. They need access to some personal information in order to perform their duties but may not use this information for other purposes.
If there’s a problem with a product that you purchased from us, please bring it back to us. We will refund the original purchase amount within 30 days of your purchase for items returned in new condition or are defective with original packaging. Some merchandise may be subject to a restocking fee.
You may also ship an item back to us if it is defective or not to your satisfaction. Ship returns via Ground UPS or insured US Mail (we do not accept CODs). We will refund shipping costs on damaged or incorrect merchandise. Merchandise returned that appears used will be subject to a restocking fee.
Labor fees, such as custom wheel builds or other services, are non-refundable.
Prices and Information
Our website is intended to help you. We make every effort to maintain current, accurate prices in our online catalog. And we strive for similar accuracy and timeliness with the other information we offer here. However, inventory or pricing errors may occur, and we reserve the right to decline or cancel any orders where mistakes or discrepancies in price or stock status exist regardless of the source of the error. We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience such mistakes may create. Please bring any errors you find to our attention on your next visit or by calling or emailing us. Thank you!
Outside Parts Policy
Would you take a steak to a restaurant and ask the chef to prepare it for you? How about bringing your own hair dye or shampoo and have your hair stylist use that instead? Of course not! That's how we feel about people that buy parts online and bring them into a bike shop and ask them to have us install them. Therefore, we will not install parts you buy from the outside in most cases. If we do make an exception, the following apply:
- We will not warranty any of the parts even if we are an authorized retailer of the manufacturer.
- We cannot guaranty outside parts will perform as expected.
- We cannot guaranty outside parts are original and not counterfeit.
- If outside parts are the wrong size, type, model, etc. we will not install them and will install them with original parts we provide without waiting for approval from the customer. We will return them to you when you come and pick up your bike.
- All service orders where outside parts are involved will be billed at the shop rate of $75.00 per hour. Menu pricing does not apply.
- You will be charged an outside parts fee between $10 to $100.
- Completion dates are estimates. We will do our best but as we work on service orders other issues may arise and require more time or additional parts that may have to be ordered.
- A $15 contingency fee will apply if needed on all work orders. This prevents us having to call you and wait for approval thus delaying when you get your equipment back.
- You must provide a working address, phone, and email address that we can reach you at. Should you not respond to our attempts to reach you additional fees may be incurred.
- It is your responsibility to pick up your equipment within one week of completion of work. If you equipment remains at the shop within 30 days of either completion or lack of direction on your part as to what needs done, your bike will incur a $25 monthly storage fee each month it remains at the shop. Equipment may have been moved to storage and may require additional time to retrieve it if not notified in advance.
- If your equipment has not been picked within 180 days we reserve the right to sell it to recoup storage costs, parts and service labor rates of $75 an hour.