Need some help getting that perfect gift for your cyclist friend or fmaily member? Maybe need some last minute stocking stuffers? Let the experts at Johnny Velo Bikes help you find that perfect gift or maybe just settle on a JVB gift card instead.
Gift Guide for Every Kind of Cyclist
So you love a person who loves biking, and it’s time to buy a gift? This list is for you. You’re a cyclist surrounded by people who don’t know what to buy you? We got your back. Go ahead and share this with everyone who might want to buy you a gift. Your spouse, your mom, your kids, your co-workers (because you deserve a decent gift in the Secret Santa Exchange this year).
And let’s get this important fact out of the way: your cyclist wants another bike. But she just got a new bike! But he already has three bikes! We know, and we sympathize. But trust us, Bike People have a bottomless desire for more bikes. If you want to buy a bike for a loved one and don’t know what they want, we’ll give you an empty bike box to wrap. You can put a gift card in it and let them pick it out later. For the rest of you who want to buy a great gift but don’t have the garage space for more bikes, here’s what Johnny Velo Bikes has in store for you.
The Commuter needs to keep themselves and their stuff safe and dry.
- Lezyne and Blackburn lights will let them be seen by traffic and see every pothole on dark winter commutes home. Tell us what kind of biking your loved one does and we’ll help you choose.
- Blackburn Fenders will keep water and mud off their backside. We’ll even install them on your commuter’s bike after the holidays if you want.
- An Osprey Talon backpack or Salsa panniers to hold a laptop and extra clothes and shoes will get your commuter’s stuff to work in style.
The road cyclist wants to ride fast, and although they may be reluctant to admit it, they want to look cool doing it.
- No road cyclist is complete without a pair of Oakleys. The Oakley Jawbreaker offers wraparound protection and is the preferred brand for pros like Peter Sagan and Mark Cavendish.
- Your cyclist will train better with data. We have a Lezyne Mega XL GPS loaded bike computer package that comes with the Lezyne Heart Rate Flow Sensor and Cadence Speed Flow Sensor. It comes in a really cool gift box, too.
- Quick roadside bike repairs and adjustments are easy with the right multitool. The Supcaz QuickFix multitool features the 10 most common heads on a lightweight alloy frame in an oil slick finish.
- Your cyclist will stay fit year-round (and be happier) when they can train indoors on a Saris trainer. We have several models in stock right now, including Zwift-compatible smart trainers.
The Outdoor Adventurer
If gravel roads and rocky trails call to your Outdoor Adventurer, here’s how to fuel their experiences.
- The Topeak seat pack is durable and roomy for extra tubes and a multitool.
- You don’t want to be out in the woods or a rural route without water. We have Osprey hydration packs in different sizes.
- The Saris Bones trunk rack for two or three bikes will get their bikes to the trail safely and in style.
Still not sure what to get the cyclist in your life? A Johnny Velo Bikes gift card always fits. And don’t forget--Johnny Velo Bikes is a local, family-owned business, and when you spend your holiday budget here, you make our community better.